In a creative field like advertising, inspiration is vital to the development of fresh thinking.
What inspires one person may be different for another, which is why self-reflection of what motivates and sparks creativity is essential.
As a constant resource for our clients, I look for ways to keep myself inspired throughout the day. By doing this, I am able to offer our clients a new perspective and ensure it pairs well with what they are trying to accomplish. My inspiration starts every Monday morning. I select a quote that evokes a clear mind and encourages productivity. Then, each morning for that entire week, I re-read the quote to reboot my mindset before starting the day. One quote every week for 52 weeks. I find it to be soothing and reassuring as each workday brings new challenges and opportunities.
Now that 2017 has come to a close, I began this activity once again in 2018. However, it is always good to reflect on the great motivators from the previous year to inform the next. Here are a few of the quotes that offered me optimism, and hopefully they will do the same for you.
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” (author unknown)
- “Be the energy you want to attract.” (author unknown)
- “Don’t stop until you’re proud.” (author unknown)
- “Eventually everything connects.” (author unknown)
- “When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” (author unknown)
- “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” (author unknown)
- “Trust in the timing.” (author unknown)
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” (author unknown)
- “Wherever you are, be all there.” (author unknown)
Let 2018 be a year of progression and an abundant amount of fresh thinking.